Monday, July 19, 2010

Riley Turned 7 Months Old

Dear Riley,
You turned 7 months old less than a week ago. My goal is to write you a letter every month at least till your first birthday. I found this website that can turn my blog into a little keepsake book, so I can show you all these pictires and letters when you get a little older. Now, this one is a little late because mom had some dental work done and quite a bit going on, but better late than never right? You have grown so much, at your 6 moth checkup you were: 15 lbs and 26" long. Your head measured pretty big being in the 75th percentile. You have started getting around alot better now, still scooting, no crawling yet but you are definitely getting close. You tend to put your head down in te cart and have your butt in the air when trying to move forward. If you could only remember to keep your head up when trying to crawl it could be a little easier. I'm happy to say you have two teeth coming in on the bottom and when I have tried to feel them a couple of times you've actually bitten down. When I told your Grandma Karen about your teeth she told me to tell you to bute your daddy on the leg...lol..

You started eating ALOT more than you use to so I'm thinking your about to go through a growth spirt. You moved into crawler foods now and you absolutely love anything with Pears (pears and pineapple and pear cinnammon with oatmeal). We have tried mashed potatoes a few times but you hadn't seem to take too well to them yet. You also love sweet potatoes and corn, carrots, and peas. You're eating two large containers in one sitting along with drinking some juice or a bottle. This weekend Daddy and I went shopping for you a sippy cup and when I tried giving it to you for the first time you couldn't stand it, but I'm going to keep giving it to you because one day you're just going to pick it up on your own, I just know it!

The most fun we seemed to have this month was when you and I jumped in the bed. You had the most fun and laughed sooo hard. I'm so happy you're a happy baby. I did get nervous in one part of the month when I sat you in your crib while I fixed you a bottle and I'm assuming you tried to pull yourself up by hanging on to your bumper when suddenly I heard this loud noise and it appeared you bumped your head in your crib. I was a little freaked while you cried, but I'm proud to say you probably cried for about only 2 mins, then you were happy again.

It's amazing watching your grow everyday and become your own little person, you're even sleeping in your crib at night. I know that it was me that was having the issues because you sleep just fine in there. I know you like it better than your bassinet because now you can stretch out so much more.

We're proud of you Riley bug, you amaze your Daddy and I everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment