Friday, July 9, 2010

"Snack Time"

Here are photos of Riley's first "snack time". I've been pretty nervous about giving Riley crunchy or large pieces of food. I feel kind of nervous about her choking on stuff so I decided it was time to give in since she is in that "crawler stage" (not crawling but moving tons and trying to make attempts) it was okay to let her try the Gerber snacks that melt.

I have to admit I tried them out first to see how fast they melted once entered into the mouth and to be honest I wasn't to happy with how well they did, so I decided to break the snacks in half the first few times to see how she reacted to them. At first she would make a face once I placed one in her mouth, but then smiled and grunted in excitement once she realized it was actually good.


So far her snacks are :


By the end of snack time I was comfortable placing a whole graduate puff in her mouth, but not the yogurt melts. I still think they are a little too big for her to eat all at once.

NEWS: I think Riley is really close to getting a tooth at the bottom. When I feel her gums I can feel it coming through. Maybe when it comes through it may ease my concerns of giving her the entire yogurt melt at once...





















She did a great job eating them as I placed them in her mouth, but didn't really like putting them in her mouth herself. Im guessing those skills will come in time. She tried once to place one of the gerber puffs in her mouth but eventually gave up and started knocking them in the floor. She loved playing with the container too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment